Define Your Goals
Before you start looking, consider why you want to buy a home. Are you tired of renting? Do you want to buy an investment property? Figuring out why you want to purchase a home will help you make important decisions down the road. Considering what you want and need out of your home will help you narrow down your home search as well. What neighbourhood do you want to live in? How many bedrooms do you need? Knowing your preferences can help with filtering out homes that don’t fit your criteria.Determine Your Financial Standing
Knowing your budget up front helps you focus your search and can save you both time and stress. Talking to a mortgage professional can help you to determine your buying power. They can help you to find out how much you can afford, how much you should put towards a down payment, and can walk you through loan options and other costs or fees associated with purchasing a home. Consider asking us for a referral; we understand your needs and can help find a professional for your situation!
The Tools to Help You Find Your Home
Once you’ve defined your home search goals, spoken with a mortgage professional to see what your buying power is, and let us know — you’re ready to find your dream home! In addition to our local knowledge as a real estate agents, we offer online tools that can help make your initial search as easy as possible.
- Find a Home Using My Interactive Map Search
- Get to Know the Neighbourhood
- Feel confident and informed about your neighbourhood choice! On any listing page, you can learn more about the communities you are interested in, including a breakdown of the local population, school ratings and more.
- Create an Account on our Website
- Sign up for an account on our website to save searches, favourite homes you love, receive real time property alerts, and more!